Thursday, April 24, 2008

Quotes from John Wesley

“Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn.”

“Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in every place you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as long as ever you can”

“When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.”

“My ground is the Bible. Yea, I am a Bible-bigot. I follow it in all things, both great and small.”

“The best of it is, God is with us.”

“I look on all the world as my parish; thus far I mean, that, in whatever part of it I am, I judge it meet, right, and my bounden duty, to declare unto all that are willing to hear, the glad tidings of salvation”

“The Church recruited people who had been starched and ironed before they were washed.”